Things I'm doing to get ready for Irene:
- Having a Provo-style girls' night tonight (California Pizza Kitchen and going to the movies).
- Hopefully fitting in a long run tomorrow morning before the rain starts in earnest.
- Went to the grocery store this morning to stock up on essentials like string cheese and Lucky Charms (don't worry, Mom, I also have crackers, fruit, Luna bars, bread, peanut butter, canned black bean soup, and plenty of water). I also bought a pint of ice cream instead of a big carton so that, should the power go out and I have to eat everything in the freezer, I won't get sick. Foresight!
- Charging up my laptop and phone and putting the batteries in the head lamp I bought for Peru.
- Reviewing highlights from The Day After Tomorrow for good measure.
Melissa and I are planning to spend the weekend watching movies and eating in our pajamas. Our neighborhood is relatively high elevation and outside of even the most extreme flood-watch zones. We have guy friends down the street who have volunteered to come defend us from the zombie apocalypse, should it come to that. If we can somehow get work canceled on Monday I'd say we're all set.