Saturday, July 19, 2008

Ryan started the fiiiiiiiire!

Tonight I was in attendance at the last ever concert at Shea Stadium, starring one William Joel (have I mentioned that I love my job?). Musical guest appearances included Garth Brooks singing "Shameless", Steven Tyler rocking "Walk This Way", and Roger Daltrey doing "My Generation" (during which Mr. Joel smashed his guitar). Tony Bennett and Billy Joel did a duet of "New York State of Mind" and I figured it was probably one of the coolest moments I would ever witness at a concert.

And then Sir Paul McFreakingCartney came on stage to the deafening cheers of 50,000 fans, and the two of them sang "Let It Be" as the final encore and totally blew my mind.

10 comments:

  1. I hate you. And yet, I love you so much! So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous. That sounds awe. some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That's all I really have to say....wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My jaw has dropped to the floor and my eyes are filling with tears. I am truly envious/jealous of you. Why couldn't it have been me there...why, why, why?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Su-weet! I love your job, too, if only vicariously.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just remember who is trying to take credit for helping you get that job. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. JEALOUS. SO FLIPPING JEALOUS. how ever did you get tickets?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was jealous of all my friends who got to see Bon Jovi in Central Park, but this probably tops that. Storm Front was the first album I ever bought. Wish I could've been there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. holy cow that concert sounds out of freaking control.

    cant believe you were at girmaldi's saturday night! i must have just barely missed you. we were there that afternoon. blast! i must say, though, that pizza pretty much re-defined my reason for living.
    hope to see you next time i hit the city of all cities!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! I feel like I just made terrestrial kingdom and you're telling me how things are upstairs :(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...