Sunday, November 30, 2008

Long weekend.

At dinner on Thursday night, I thought about how the next day was Sunday, after which it would be back to work. And then I remembered - not Sunday, but Friday. Four day weekend! I don't think there is any better feeling in the world than that, other than sliding into clean sheets with freshly shaved legs.

Things I did with my weekend included (but are not limited to): reading, adding new songs to my iPod, listening to Christmas music, Skyping, lots of cleaning and organizing, getting a library card (my mom will be so proud), drinking Starbucks Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate, and seeing Four Christmases (meh) and Slumdog Millionaire (excellent). Fun fact about the latter: it's in limited release and was only playing at 32 theatres last weekend, and its per-screen box office average was higher than Twilight on its opening weekend. Anyway, it's beautiful and poignant and funny and sad, and visually it's absolutely gorgeous. I wouldn't be surprised to see it get nominated for a few Oscars. It's a little hard to describe the premise, so here's the trailer.



Oh, and both the trailer and the film itself use fantastic music, so there's a win right there.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...