Sunday, June 20, 2010

Dad.

Tonight, as some friends and I considered eating ice cream despite our already full bellies, I shared some wisdom passed down from my father: you're never too full for ice cream--it just fills in the cracks.


The same man who gives sage advice on ice cream consumption goes running and rides his bike dozens of miles a week (and looks pretty awesome doing it). The same man who can intelligently discuss everything from literature to economics to medicine always appreciates a well-placed fart joke. The same man who enjoys fine cuisine and Broadway musicals also loves butter-drenched popcorn and watching Jack Bauer chomp a guy's carotid artery. The same man who won't hesitate to mock me when I deserve it has always been one of my biggest supporters, and will take every opportunity to let me know that he's proud of me.

I don't know how my life would have turned out without this man in it, and I'm so thankful that I get to call him my dad. Happy Father's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...