Thursday, July 21, 2011

Potterpalooza: The Pottering Continues.

On Friday we slept off our wizard hangovers until almost noon, and then walked a few blocks to meet Karrie for brunch. She was still smarting from having to miss the fun from the previous night, but thankfully we had some delicious crepes to soften the blow.


While we were in the neighborhood, I took the girls through a bit of Columbia. Now that I live somewhat close, my morning runs sometimes take me through campus and I think it's beautiful. I wouldn't mind pretending to be a student there. Afterward we hopped on a bus to take us across town to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. There's an Alexander McQueen exhibit there through the summer and I'd already been once. If you're in New York in the next month or so, it's a must-see.


We got reaaaaaally good at standing in lines by the time the weekend was over.

Once we had had our fill of avante-garde gothic romantic couture (as if that were even possible), we sat on the Met steps for a minute to rest our tired feetsies and eat some cherries to keep our blood sugar up. Then it was on to Times Square for:


The Harry Potter Exhibition at the Discovery Museum. I'd heard about it a few months ago and knew I had to save it for this weekend. They were pretty militant about taking photos inside, but it was pretty cool. They had costumes, props, and set pieces from all the movies, with different scenes playing on TVs throughout. Pretty much nerd heaven. I wanted to steal Hermione's time-turner, but I wasn't sure I'd be able to find my way out before they ran me down (though I AM marathon training right now, which probably would've helped). Also, seeing the costumes really reinforced how TINY Emma Watson is. Also, we sat in Hagrid's chair.

At that point, we were pretty tired and hungry, so we went to Patsy's for some delicious pizza and then walked to 16 Handles (which recently became a hangout of Ryan Gosling's, by the way) to eat froyo and people-watch outside in the lovely summer breeze.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for HP! What a gift it has been to muggles.

    p.s. you moved closer??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sat it Hagrid's chair, or HANGRID's chair?

    So jealous of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...