Sunday, June 17, 2012

Mark.

Please ignore the photobombing goober to the left there.

Have you ever waited in line just to give someone a hug?  I mean, sure, maybe Santa Claus when you were a kid, but other than that?  It's not uncommon whenever we kids are all together to see my sisters and me line up for the opportunity to embrace my dad.  It usually starts with one of us going over to hug him, at which point we all catch on and sort of swarm and dance around impatiently until it's our turn.  I think the high demand says it all--we know where to go to feel safe and loved, and we know that he'll let us be silly weirdos in the process.

Happy Father's Day, Pappy.  I wish I could hug you in person today, but you can bet that when I'm home next I'll be making up for lost time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...