You guys, I need to tell you about my day yesterday, because it was amazingly gorgeous and ridiculously warm outside. I'm talking, epic levels of nice weather. So it automatically put me in a great mood, and the rest of the day just followed suit. It consisted of many highly enjoyable activities, including (but not limited to):
- Lying in the little park by my office during lunch, drinking a milkshake and reading my book while I soaked up the sunshine.
- Licensing songs for the upcoming season of So You Think You Can Dance.
- Walking the 50 blocks from my office to Lincoln Square for Institute just so I could spend more time outside, rocking out to Feist on my iPod and stopping for some delectable sushi along the way.
- Watching the eagerly anticipated return of The Office with a group of people after a leisurely stroll up the Upper West Side.
- Trash-talking and then failing to live up to my own hype at several rounds of Rock Band (but whatever, I hadn't played since Christmas, and I was on drums which is like the hardest one anyway).
- Being ridden home on the back of my friend's bicycle junior-high-style through the streets of my 'hood.
Too bad the joy was fleeting - today it was foggy and drizzling. But I'm not crying. It's just been raining on my face.