Sunday, April 5, 2009

Puppies and other things.

Well, so far the beginning of April is outperforming the beginning of March by leaps and bounds. We've had our fair share of rainy days, but a smattering of lovely weather here and there gives me hope that Spring is finally coming. Last week a few work friends and I took a little break for a donut run one afternoon (and I saw Nigel Barker on the way! I tried to smile with my eyes...). Today my delightful roommate and I decided to take a walk in the sunshine across the George Washington Bridge, because who can get enough of New Jersey? On the way home we decided to walk by the pet store that's across from our apartment, as is our wont. We paused at the window and decided that this time we would actually go inside. And the puppies, oh, the puppies. They are unbelievable. The guy working there asked if we wanted to hold any, and it was all I could do not to let out a squeal right there. (I actually might have a little bit.) Melissa selected an adorable Corgi and I went for the little black puff ball that had been laying next to him, which turned out to be a Pomeranian. You guys, this puppy is my soul mate. He is so ridiculously cute, I'm obsessed. After like 15 minutes of holding them, we decided we needed to give them back and walk away before some serious dog-napping took place.

Other than that, things have been pretty uneventful. I'm loving my new apartment and my new running paths nearby. I also signed up for the company softball team, so we'll see how that goes. I was the only girl on my Little League teams back in the day so I'm pretty sure I'll be MVP in no time.

And lest I forget, the most important news of the weekend is the fact that my mom has started her own blog, thus cementing her position as cutest mom in the world. If you put her and my Pomeranian friend in the same room, the universe would probably implode.

6 comments:

  1. Dude, I know. Puppy stores. I always try to just figure out SOME way that I can take a puppy home at that instant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. My latest blog post might have a familiar title :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize that your running takes you near the Cloisters! Fabulous. I loved that place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed out loud about nigel! I love it! And your mom is so cute! I loved her little wandaland!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forget the puppies - you run up to the Cloisters/Fort Tryon Park?! Isn't it like a mile up from you (i.e. 20 blocks)?? So, running there and back would already be 2 miles... that is crazy, inconvenient and way too much work.

    I guess I'm so worked up about this because Chelsie and I are looking for places to run... and are having no luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All that running is going to help with all that eating.

    Stick Gemma's buns in that room with moom and the puffball, and I'm pretty sure it will be a new trifecta world dominance.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...