Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Well-played.

Well, apart from virus outbreaks and 9/11 flashbacks, New York City is a pretty great place to be these days.

This weekend I got to spend some time with the lovely Jill, who was in town for a few days. Jill was my roommate during one of the most fun years I had at BYU, so it was excellent to see her and reminisce and play in the city. Luckily, NYC was experiencing my absolute favorite weather--sunny and warm without being too hot or humid, balmy evenings with a warm breeze--so it worked out wonderfully. Jill and her friend Scott hit up most of the tourist stuff on their own, but I (of course) opted to introduce them to some of my favorite edible delights in the city, including Crepes on Columbus, 16 Handles, and Grimaldi's.


Typical line outside Grimaldi's--it's like trying to get into a club. A club that serves delicious pizza.

After Jill left on Sunday afternoon, I met up with some friends in Central Park for a little picnic and elementary-school-throwback sporting events.

A little kickball.

New obsession: Trader Joe's Kettle Corn. And I don't even LIKE kettle corn.


Wrapping up with a round of four square.


I suppose there are worse ways to spend a weekend. Then on Monday night I went on a 9-mile run, so I'm immensely pleased with myself. The Brooklyn Half Marathon (for which I am now officially registered!) is a little over 4 weeks away, so here's hoping this lovely weather continues to cooperate with my training schedule.

And, let's be honest, my playing schedule.

3 comments:

  1. I keep thinking your ability to be adorable will plateau, but it never does. CHIN CUP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the well wishes! He is indeed a LOST fan. It would never have worked otherwise.

    And, I must confess, I too love Grimaldi's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope you and jill had/are having (?) fun!! i'm so jealous!!!! in case i hadn't made that clear..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...